Montessori is a method of education that is based on self-directed activity, hands-on learning and collaborative play. In Montessori classrooms, the children make creative choices in their learning, while the classroom and the teacher offer age-appropriate activities to guide the process. Children work in groups and individually to discover and explore knowledge of the world and to develop their maximum potential.
- Each child is valued as a unique individual
- Beginning at an early age, Montessori students develop order, coordination, concentration, and independence.
- Students are part of a close, caring community.
- Montessori students enjoy freedom within limits.
- Students are supported in becoming active seekers of knowledge
- Self-correction and self-assessment are an integral part of the Montessori classroom approach.
The school is provisionally affiliated with the Central Board of Secondary Education (National Board) up to the Secondary level (Grade IX&X). For the period from 01.04.2018 to 31.03.2021,fulfilling all norms of CBSE for affiliation. Subsequently, it will be upgraded to Senior Secondary level (Grade XI&XII). The syllabus as recommended by the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) is followed in Grades I to VIII. The main subjects are English, Tamil/Hindi, Maths, EVS, Science, and Social Science. The additional subjects include Computer Education, 3rd language (Hindi/Tamil), Art, Work Education, and Music. The teachers use interactive method and ensure students’ active participation in the class; smart-board is used in every class for experiential and multi-sensory learning. The students are involved in subject-related Project-work on Saturdays under the guidance of teachers. The teaching-learning process is more skill-oriented rather than promoting rote-learning.